Tyler Francis is the outstanding graduate of the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. He was one of eight finalists who will be recognized on Friday and Saturday during the fall 2021 launch ceremonies.
Each spring and fall semester, the deans of UL Lafayette university colleges nominate a student as an outstanding graduate. Nominations are based on leadership, scholarship and service. A committee of the Alumni Association interviews the candidates and selects one to receive the overall award.
In addition to being the overall winner for the fall semester, Francis represents the BI Moody III College of Business Administration as its outstanding graduate. He graduated in accounting. Francis has a GPA of 3.96.
While a member of the United States Marine Corps, Francis received a Medal of Good Conduct; While in the military, he obtained an associate’s degree in Mandarin Chinese from the Defense Language Institute Foreign Language Center, an education and research institution of the US Department of Defense. Francis also holds an Associate’s Degree in General Studies from USLS.
Francis will pursue a master’s degree in accounting and then become a certified public accountant. He is the grandson of Barbara Ann Francis d’Arnaudville.
Other outstanding fall 2021 graduates include:
- Bailey Austin is an outstanding graduate finalist from the College of Education. She graduated in kinesiology with a concentration in pre-professional studies. His GPA is 3.97. She is applying to schools across the country with the intention of pursuing a doctorate in osteopathic medicine.
- Sydney Boudreaux is an outstanding finalist of the Ray P. Authement College of Sciences graduates. She is majoring in biology with a 4.0 GPA. She worked as an emergency room technician at Ochsner Lafayette General Medical Center, helping doctors and nurses treat patients. She plans to attend medical school.
- Noe Fernandez is an outstanding finalist for University College graduates. It specializes in general studies with a concentration in natural sciences. Fernandez has a GPA of 3.76. Fernandez intends to obtain a private pilot’s license upon graduation, with the eventual goal of becoming a commercial airline pilot.
- Wade Johnson is an outstanding finalist from the College of the Liberal Arts. He graduated in psychology with a cumulative GPA of 3.97.
- Grace Marks is an Outstanding Graduate Finalist from the College of the Arts. She is a performing arts major with a GPA of 3.97. Marks will apply for costume design internships this summer and then go on to graduate school to study costume design and technology this fall.
- Jase Mayorga is an outstanding graduate finalist from the College of Engineering. He graduated in Electrical Engineering with a GPA of 3.72. Mayorga, a small business owner, plans to pursue higher education, work in industry and open a larger business.
- Taylor Montoucet is an outstanding finalist for graduates of the College of Nursing and Allied Health Professions. She is a major in nursing with a GPA of 3.41. Her more than 1,200 hours of community service includes 640 hours at the Lafayette Surgical Specialty Hospital, Ochsner Lafayette General Medical Center, Notre Dame de Lourdes Hospital for Women and Children, and Vermilion Behavioral Health Systems. Montoucet plans to work as an intensive care nurse after graduation.