An appropriate job description saves time, effort and attracts qualified talent to your opening. It also strengthens brand awareness. Therefore, developing a workable job description is essential for your talent acquisition efforts.
Use the following template to create a practical vice president of sales job description for your Linkedin job posting or other free job posting website.
As a Vice President of Sales, you will be responsible for leading your organization’s sales team to meet and exceed strategic goals.
Commercial Director, CEO
Main responsibilities of a vice president of sales
Reporting to the (Chief Commercial Officer), you will lead a team of (number) professionals to achieve the goals of customer acquisition and business growth.
You will be responsible for:
- Drive sales goals and meet budget and business goals
- Identify new sales opportunities and build relationships with customers
- Build a high performing team by providing strong mentoring, coaching and advice
- Ensure timely recognition and reward for top students and implement performance management actions as needed
- Ensure the proper use of the CRM database and performance monitoring tools
- Build strong and collaborative relationships with other internal stakeholders
- Monitoring of market trends and regular analysis of competitors
- You have a degree in business administration or a related field.
- You have prior experience and a solid track record of success in a sales leadership role.
- You have been successful in creating, developing and leading high performing sales teams.
- You have a solid background in consultative selling and possess the ability to prospect and manage high-level relationships.
- You are a team player who enjoys helping others succeed.
- You are a strategic thinker and problem solver with the ability to be practical.